What are cookies?A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables Procuretrain features and functionality. Cookies can be used to collect, store and share bits of information about your activities across websites and services, including on Procuretrain. They also allow us to remember things about your visit to Procuretrain, such as your preferred language and other choices/settings and generally make the site easier for you to use.
Procuretrain uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie is used to identify a particular visit to Procuretrain. These cookies expire after a short time, or when you close your web browser after using Procuretrain. We use these cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, such as when you log into Procuretrain. A persistent cookie will remain on your devices for a set period of time specified in the cookie. We use these cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period of time. For example, we would use a persistent cookie if you asked that we keep you signed in.
Authentication and security:
- To log you into Procuretrain;
- To protect your security; and
- To help us detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate Procuretrain’s agreements and terms.
For example, these technologies help authenticate your access to Procuretrain and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your accounts.
- To remember information about your browser and your preferences; and
- To remember your settings and other choices you have made.
For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country that you are in. We can then provide you with content in your preferred language without having to ask you each time you visit Procuretrain.
Analytics and research:
- · To help us improve and understand how people use Procuretrain.
For example, cookies help us test different versions of Procuretrain to see which particular features or content users prefer. We may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics. We might also optimize and improve your experience on Procuretrain by using cookies to see how you interact with Procuretrain, such as when and how often you use them and what links you click on.
We don’t release the information collected from our own cookies to any third parties, other than to our service providers who assist us in these activities.
- To customize Procuretrain with more relevant content.
- To provide you with more relevant advertising.
For more information about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit youronlinechoices.eu or allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html . Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into Procuretrain, you may still receive advertising content even if you opt-out of tailored advertising. In that case, the advertising content will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
When accessing Procuretrain from a mobile application, you may also receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system, such as iOS and Android, provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or operating system or contact the applicable platform operator.
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of Procuretrain.
- Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
- For general information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Changes to this policyWe will notify you of any changes by posting the new Policy on Procuretrain with a new effective date. If we make a material change to this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in advance of the planned change.
Bridge of Weir, 16 September 2017